A School Direct non-salaried course involves schools working in partnership with a range of providers, including some Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) and School-Centred Initial Teacher Training Centres (SCITTs), to provide candidates with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) only or a PGCE qualification.
Trainees on our School Direct (non-salaried) programme offered in collaboration with the Cambridge Teaching Schools Network will:
- Have two block placements in different partnership schools
- Work closely with a school-based trained subject mentor and professional tutor
- Have additional subject specialist input
- Attend regular training sessions about broader educational issues (professional studies) where you meet and work with other training teachers on the School Direct Programme
- Be awarded Qualified Teacher Status to teach Key Stages 3 and 4 on successful completion of the programme
We anticipate that a list of available School Direct non-salaried places staring in September 2019 will be available in September 2018, after we have received confirmation of our School Direct allocations for 2019/20.
Anglian Gateway Teaching School Alliance (AGTSA)
Cambridge and Suffolk Schools Alliance (CASSA)
Fenland Teahcing School Allinace (FTSA)
Lark Teaching School Alliance (LTSA)
Morris Teaching School Alliance (MTSA)