Trainees on the School Direct salaried route are employed by a school for the duration of the programme. School Direct salaried training courses are offered by CASSA in partnership with Suffolk & Norfolk SCITT and the Cambridge Teaching Schools Network SCITT. AGTSA offer School Direct salaried routes in collaboration with the Cambridge Teaching Schools Network SCITT SCITT.
In our School Direct (salaried) programme with Cambridge Teaching Schools Network / Suffolk and Norfolk SCITT you will:
- Have a main placement school, and be part of the teaching team
- Have a shorter second placement in another school to see another way of working
- Have an Individual Training Plan to allow for a tailored and personalised approach
- Work closely with a school-based trained subject mentor and professional tutor
- Have additional subject specialist input
- Attend regular training sessions about broader educational issues (Professional studies) where you meet and work with the other training teachers on the School Direct Programme, salaried and non-salaried
- Be awarded Qualified Teacher Status to teach Key stages 3 and 4 on successful completion of the programme
We anticipate that a list of available School Direct salaried places staring in September 2019 will be available in September 2018, after we have received confirmation of our School Direct allocations for 2019/20.
Anglian Gateway Teaching School Alliance (AGTSA)
Cambridge and Suffolk Schools Alliance (CASSA)
Lark Teaching School Alliance (LTSA)
Morris Teaching School Alliance (MTSA)